The term "impoundment" may refer to any one of the following:
- a body of water or reservoir contained by a barrier, such as a dam.
- an impounded dock, also known as a wet dock or floating dock/harbor
- impoundment rights, a German system of permits and taxes for damming rivers and/or streams
- vehicle impoundment, a legal process wherein a vehicle is placed into an impoundment lot, where vehicles are held until they are retreived by the owner or auctioned off for the benefit of the impounding agency
- impoundment of appropriated funds, a power of the U.S. President to decide to not spend or use money that has been appropriated by the U.S. Congress
List of books: Impoundment